Your pathway to wellness
Unlike a primary care physician, we offer personalized health treatment plans that take into account your genetics, your medical history, and your specific lifestyle goals. We’ll craft a personalized program that will help you make effective lifestyle changes to ensure you feel your best for years to come. Whether you’re an athlete looking to perform at the next level, a mom needing an energy boost, or an active senior with specific dietary challenges and conditions, WAYS2WELL will create a wellness tailor-made program to fulfill your needs.
Convenient, personalized healthcare
Our approach to your wellness is simple. We’ll learn what makes you tick through comprehensive bloodwork and genetic testing, help you understand your best lifestyle options, and create a comprehensive panel of exercise, supplements, and treatments that will allow you to perform at your best. Our online signature diagnostics and convenient labs throughout the Houston area will ensure you get the information you need to make informed decisions about your health. Our mobile apps will let you track your progress daily, and ensure you get the feedback and support you need to achieve your fitness goals.
- BlueCure Foundation:
- Prostate Cancer Prevention, Education, and Advocacy.
- Youth Y.A.H.O.O:
- Inner City Youth outreach, and advocacy program.
- Souper Bowl of Caring
- Unites communities to help fight hunger and poverty.
- Married to Amanda Schneider ( December 9, 2017)
- Two Dogs: Remy, and Garner
- Lives in The Heights
- Hiking, Biking, Swimming, Wakeboarding, Skiing, Snowboarding, Surfing, Traveling
- Fan of Astros, Rockets, Texans, and all things Houston.
RN, FNP-C, APRN, MSN
- Graduated Lamar University 2001-Nursing, one of 3 nursing students selected and awarded Nurse Apprentice Program last two semesters of nursing school. This allowed me to have more bedside experience as a GN.
- 2000-2004 spent in ER bedside nursing, trauma (including burns), pediatrics, cardiovascular, and urgent care CEN, TNCC certified. ACLS, PALS, BTLS, ATLS certified
- 2004-2006 First assistant in the OR for plastic surgeon and agency in ICU on available days
- 2006-2016 Memorial Hermann OR-all areas of surgery. CNOR certified
- 2007-2013 OR director for Houston Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery Center (at same time working at Hermann)
- 2016 Graduated NP school from Chamberlain University. Dean’s list. Sigma Theta Tau. 625 clinical hours spent in primary care with testosterone replacement therapy as part of the PCP practice. 625 clinical hours spent in surgery and OB/Gyn some of which was diagnosing and treating female hormone disruption
- 2017 Current Interventional Pain Specialists. Pain management through inpatient rounding, procedures such as joint injections, Botox injections and nerve blocks
- 2018 Joined Ways 2 Well and finally fulfilling a dream to help patients live a healthy, full life through wellness, disease prevention, and life optimization. I have been studying essential oils and natural remedies for 5 years after being diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder. Rather than take conventional medication, I sought to “fix it myself” through the use of oils, diet, and exercise.
- Married to my prince charming (Jeff), two children (Riley and Evan), two chubby cats (I love cats) and one dog (I love her too)
- I am a 3rd degree blackbelt in Taekwondo and spent most of my adolescent time in TKD competing and training often. I trained with the US Olympic TKD team. I also played basketball, softball, was on the dance team (high school) and middle school cheerleader. I have always been active and been drawn to activity and healthy lifestyle
- I am a children’s author with one published book and another almost complete.
- I love to nap, a glass of good wine, Texas Country music, skiing with my family, and relaxing by the pool
BS, NSCA-CSCS, CF-1
- Offers over 7 years’ experience as a practicing nutritionist.
- Michael’s passion for nutrition started at a young age:
- An avid athlete, Michael excelled on the track team and also as catcher and captain for his state-champion high school baseball team
- While still in high school Michael developed and implemented a weight training program for the athletic department.
- After graduation, he went on to play college level baseball and was a member of the cheerleading squad at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas.
- Dual bachelor’s degrees in Health Science and Biology from Sam Houston State University, 2007:
- Awarded Distinguished Leadership Award in Health Education
- Throughout his collegiate career, Michael worked as a personal trainer for Iron Works Gym.
- After completing internships under Dr. Curtis E. Montgomery, MD, at his obstetrics and gynecology clinic and also at Huntsville Memorial Hospital, Michael spent time post-graduation as a pharmaceutical sales representative.
- He was offered the opportunity to work under a well-known nutritionist in Houston (2007-2012), where he fine-tuned his methodology and expanded his scope and vision for his own solo practice.
- His keen knowledge of the human body is incomparable and his ability to synthesize various factors into a clear understanding of the overall health of each individual sets him apart from anyone else in the field.
Affordable lab testing and diagnostics
Waiting for costly bloodwork and lab results can be frustrating. At Ways2Well, we offer prompt, affordable, and secure lab testing that will give you an effective understanding of your health condition—sent directly to you. This effective testing is the foundation for your personalized wellness program and will be presented to you in an easy-to-understand format so that you can make the right decisions about your health. We also offer reduced-cost pharmacology services to ensure you get the supplements you need for a fair price.